Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 22:44:16 -0300
From:      "El Marcondon" <el_marcondon@yahoo.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   En: Help installing 2 NICs in FreeBSD 4.0

Hi,

    I´m having trouble adding a second NIC to my FreeBSD box.  My box
uses FreeBSD version 4.0.  I'm using 2 NE2000 compatible NICs.  (Both
works using the ed device).  Using only one NIC, the system works just
perfectly.  Exchanging the NICs while still using the same
configuration, the other NIC also works.  In this situation, both NICs
can ping outside machines.

    Putting the two NICs on the box, they setup correctly, I set up one
NIC as 192.168.0.1 (ed0) and the other as 10.70.1 (ed1).  Both netmasks
are 255.255.0.0.   This time, only the ed0 NIC works, pinging the test
machines outside.  The other nic (ed1) can´t ping out anymore.  I´ve
tried several other IP and NIC configurations, but I always get the same
problem.  The kernel is configured to setup the NICs, and I´ve already
tested the NICs in Windows boxes...

    Can someone please help me?

    Thanks in advance.

Adriano M. Machado