Date:      Tue, 01 Aug 2000 16:57:48 -0400
From:      Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftp upload from script

I need to have a script upload three files via FTP, is there anyway of
doing this from a script? for example:

foreach $filename (@files) {
	system("ftp username:pass@ftp.wmptl.net/directory/to/ftp/to <
$filename");
}

The script is a simple backup script which creates a bunch of tar files,
and it currently emails someone to tell them to manually FTP said file
up. I'd like it to be able to just ftp those files up automatically when
it's finished. (files are 200~635megs). We are FTP'ing the files into a
Windows box which intern dumps them to a mapped Novell Netware volume
which intern has it's own nightly backup system (24gig tape changer).
   Using SMBclient may be an option to if it's scriptable in this
manner? Currently not running a SAMBA server but I could easily be doing
so if the need arose.
	Any other ideas or suggestions welcomed.

--
Nathan Vidican
webmaster@wmptl.com