Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:29:11 -0800
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@flnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How do you export a file system tree?

This used to be so easy :)  I have a question, I want to export a subtree
of my root filesystem (aka /localhome).  If I do a

/localhome -alldirs

I get nothing but errors:

Feb 16 16:23:30 vev mountd[851]: could not remount /localhome: Invalid argument
Feb 16 16:23:30 vev mountd[851]: bad exports list line /localhome -alldirs crh.mvfx.com

However, if I export from the top of the tree, (aka /) it works as advertised,
but I do not want to exports the whole disk!  What am I missing here, can this
not be done anymore?

-Crh

       Charles Henrich       Manex Visual Effects       henrich@flnet.com

                       http://orbit.flnet.com/~henrich