Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2011 12:25:37 -0700
From:      Keith Seyffarth <weif@weif.net>
To:        David Brodbeck <gull@gull.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Issue upgrading to 7.4, looking for guidance

David,

> I ran into a similar issue upgrading from 7.2 to 7.3.  Here's the
> thread where I worked it out; it might be helpful in your case:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2010-July/218443.html
> My eventual solution was here, if you don't want to read through the
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2010-July/218884.html

I ended up getting instructions from a friend n manually running
# make buildworld
# mergemaster -p
# make installworld
# mergemaster -i

to get the world upgraded to 7.4-PRERELEASE.

After this a bunch of removing, reinstalling, and upgrading of ports was
necessary, but everything appears to be working now.

Of course, not having a FreeBSD CD for any version of FreeBSD would make
copying a file from the CD rather difficult... ;)

Keith S.