Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:45:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        FBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Soundblaster_16 and FreeBSD-4.1 ?

I may be jumping the gun with this but just went to investigate the
procedure for setting up the Soundblaster_16 sound card and I'm
reading that I have to recompile the kernel ? I've always purchased
this card for it's a troublefree card to setup with the
"sndcofig" utility in Linux.

Is this the only way to get sound working with the latest
FreeBSD-4.1 ?

My many thanks in advance while I keep digging.

--
Bill Schoolcraft           http://wiliweld.com
PO Box 210076	        San Francisco, CA 94121

       " saevis tranquillus in undis "