Date:      Sun, 7 Feb 1999 02:12:54 +0800 (CST)
From:      Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com
Cc:        beng@lcs.mit.edu, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Naming branches

Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com> wrote:
>> With the caveat that the PCCARD support is a big step backwards from
>> PAO-2.2.8.
>
>In that it doesnt' crash the system when you suspend/resume it like PAO
>does?  Seems a step forward to me....

Actually, it's funny you should mention that.  I've found that about one time
in three, the PCCARD driver stops working now (no card insertion/removal
messages on the console) after a suspend/resume.  As a result, I have to
be sure to unmount any filesystems on my wd controller (support for which I
had add myself, thank you very much) before I suspend.  Otherwise the
kernel will wedge hard when it comes back up and finds the mounted device
missing.  This is on a Tecra 510CDT.

I never had that problem under PAO.

Be that as it may, though, the big step backwards I was referring to was
in the areas of configuration and device support.

	-Michael Robinson