Date:      Sun, 4 Aug 2002 13:21:13 +0000
From:      Philip Reynolds <philip.reynolds@rfc-networks.ie>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: divert not working in 4.6.1-RELEASE-p7 ???

Philip Reynolds <philip.reynolds@rfc-networks.ie> 27 lines of wisdom included:
> Duncan Young <duncan.young@pobox.com> 21 lines of wisdom included:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I did have ipfw working fine, but since a recent patch upgrade I am getting
> > the following error when I add my divert rules:
> >
> > i.e. from the command line:
> >
> > toyo# ipfw 2000 add divert natd all from any to any in via sis0
> > ipfw: getsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Invalid argument
> >
> > Has anyone any idea's on why it's occurring?
> >
> > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Are you sure you are not using the loadable module of IPFW which
> does not support divert sockets.
>
> Just in case, double check that kldstat does _not_ show ipfw.ko

Sorry for replying to my own mail, but the two lines you should have
in your configuration for divert sockets are:

  options          IPFIREWALL
  options          IPDIVERT

Make sure you are running your custom kernel and not GENERIC
(``uname -v'')

Is it purely the divert lines which are failing.

Also, what patch upgrade did you do, and what version of FreeBSD are
you running?

--
Philip Reynolds                  | Technical Director
philip.reynolds@rfc-networks.ie  | RFC Networks Ltd.