Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2000 09:51:09 +0800 (HKT)
From:      Scott Hazen Mueller <scott@zorch.sf-bay.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Irda support

[I've been reading via the archive, let's see if I can post without
subscribing to the actual list...]

First - Benno, you might want to look at
http://www.posi.net/freebsd/drivers/driver-info.phtml?ID=4 and see if Martin
is doing anything with his IRDA driver project.  Maybe it will save you some
work, though offhand your two approaches sound different to me.

Second - is it worth having?  I think the answer to that is if the FreeBSD
folks want tech types - those folks already running FreeBSD on servers - to be
able to use F as a replacement for W, then support for things like IRDA are
good to have.

Third - thanks to all of the contributors for all of the great work.  I've
been running FreeBSD since around 1995, currently on two servers and a laptop,
and it's great.  Recent (4.x) work lets me use it as a nearly complete
replacement for Win9x, what with the linux emulation, vmware port, ICA client
port, Star Office and so on.

                                \scott