Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 22:38:37 +0200
From:      Dang-Ngoc TUYET-TRAM <Dang-Ngoc.Tuyet-Tram@prism.uvsq.fr>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Listening to CD Audio

Hello,

I had rebuilt the kernel to make the device audio work
(by specifying sb0 and snd0 for my soundblaster 16).
SOund seems to work as I can *hear* it by doing
'cat /bin/cat > /dev/audio'

But if I run for example "workman" with a CDaudio inside my CDrom
reader, workman just doesn't want to recognize the CD. It just
says "no CD inside".
I can't nor mount the CD.

So is there a special option to activate in order to make a CD audio recognized
(and be played ?)

Thanks for reply,

Tuyet Tram DANG NGOC
--