Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 2016 15:43:29 -1000
From:      Werner Thie <werner@thieprojects.ch>
To:        Kris <krisb@interia.eu>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on the $9 C.H.I.P

Hi Kris

I have a board which did not boot when it arrived, but I was able to
make it start up by going through their complete reflashing procedure.
It's now running a headless version of Debian.

Apparently a lot of chips have been sent out which did not boot at all,
but with re-flashing it seems to be possible to navigate around the bad
blocks issue on the NAND flash. I didn't look too deep into the
re-flashing but it seemed to me quite a stable and re-doable action.

So, basically it's looking at uboot, how the DTB would have to look like
and then we would end up with a booting kernel and a few drivers
missing, you seem to know more about that than I do.

Werner