Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2007 21:53:35 +0200
From:      Firas Kraiem <fkraiem@free.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Kiffin Gish <kiffin.gish@planet.nl>
Subject:   Re: Failed to load module "nv" ...

Hi

The nv driver is part of the official Xorg distribution. Make sure you have
the x11/xorg metaport installed as it contains all the official drivers :

	$ cd /usr/ports/x11/xorg
	$ sudo make install clean

Also, make sure the ModulePath line in your xorg.conf points to the correct
location (i.e. /usr/local instead of /usr/X11R6), an easy way to do that is
to let Xorg regenerate a new file with

	# X -cnfigure

About the official nvidia drivers, I had no problem installing them using the
x11/nvidia-driver port instead of building from the nvidia tarball directly.

Firas