Date:      Wed, 07 Sep 2016 00:56:09 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Ruslan Makhmatkhanov <rm@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        python@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/lang/python27 ssl

Hi Ruslan,
Thanks for looking.  Your suggestion below solved it for me *** :-)

> Julian H. Stacey wrote on 09/04/2016 17:29:
> > Hi python@FreeBSD.org as MAINTAINER= of lang/python27/Makefile
> > Hi rm@FreeBSD.org as MAINTAINER= of dns/py-dnspython/Makefile
> >
> > ( PS please retain cc: <jhs@berklix.com> as I'm not a member of python@ )
> >
> > I had to comment ssl out of /usr/ports/lang/python27/Makefile
> > 	USES=                cpe ncurses pkgconfig readline ssl tar:xz
> > to force compile, else it complained it needed ssl from src/ &
> > recommended removing ssl from ports, but ports ssl is needed for webmail etc
> > Comments welcome ?
> >
> > ++++
> > Also from starting point: cd mail/mailman; make install
> > ports/dns/py-dnspython fails
> >
> > ===>   Registering installation for py27-dnspython-1.14.0 as automatic
> > pkg-static: Plist error, directory listed as a file: lib/python2.7/site-packages/dnspython-1.14.0-py2.7.egg-info
> > *** Error code 74
> >
> > dnspython-1.14.0-py2.7.egg-info
> > is not even listed so I spose it come from Mk/ or pkg ?
> > I reinstalled  ports/*/pkg but that did not help.
> >
> > A solution welcome please.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Julian

> sadly I can't reproduce the behavior in poudriere (both mailman and
> dnspython are builds fine in 10.3 and 12.0)

Mine builds OK on 12 current.

> so it is something in your
> system environment.

Yes.

> And as you correctly noted this is something that is
> controlled by Mk/* files, not the ports itself.

Yes.
Possibly I was being bitten by using current ports on 10.3-RELEASE-p4,
but more likely some old mess in /usr/local no longer consistent with
bins in my jail (BTW all bins local within jail, not imported).

But I can't rm -rf /usr/local cos its a live server.
If all else had failed, later I could have tried ports/ that matched
10.3-RELEASE but now solved, see ahead ***

> Try to start the ports
> tree from scratch

Yes, done twice, + cd /var/db/ports; rm -rf * 	# Did not solve it.

***
> or just use a binary packages.

Ah Thanks ! I forget packages. Knee jerk here is to compile local,
never to pull in 3rd party remote packages, & rarely even from my
own other hosts.  I just ftp'd a wedge of packages from my other
10.3-STABLE server. It succeeded, along with local makes of other
dependencies, I can now remake mailman :-)

> You also can use
> poudriere for building personalized packages for your system.

Poudriere is always on my ToDO list but I fear a long learning curve ?

> PS. Can't say anything about ssl issue. I'm not using openssl from ports.

OK, my 12-current box gave me a clue i've copied as text to make.conf
for future ref:
	You have security/openssl installed but do not have
	DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=ssl=openssl set in your make.conf

Thanks Ruslan ! Now I've got mailman building, I've started remaking all
ports I use on that host, & after that will purge old binaries.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Linux Unix Sys Eng Consultant Munich
 Reply below, Prefix '> '. Plain text, No .doc, base64, HTML, quoted-printable.