Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 1996 10:11:31 +0100 (MET)
From:      didier@aida.org
To:        Mick Petrick <100231.1602@compuserve.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD or Linux ?

On Sat, 30 Mar 1996, Mick Petrick wrote:

> I am looking to purchase either FreeBSD or Linux. Most of the people I
> know are using Linux, but I hear that FreeBSD may be better. I would like
> to decide on an operating system.
>
> I am looking to develop TCP/IP software.
>
> Any suggestion ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mick.

I personally prefer FreeBSD. I started to use FreeBSD from the version 1.1
I never had any serious problem with this system.

the company I'm working for has finally adopted FreeBSD for the clients.

one of my clients is running FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE with 192 users (simultaneous)

--
Didier Derny     | Microsoft Free Computer.          | 486DX4-120 AL3 chipset
didier@aida.org  | Private FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE site.  | aha2940 / 1Gb HAWK