Date:      Fri, 4 Oct 2002 03:00:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Erik E. Fair" <fair@clock.org>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/41988: autoconfig of SiS 900 10/100 ethernet fails at boot time in 4.6.2 GENERIC on AMD EasyNow PC

The following reply was made to PR i386/41988; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Erik E. Fair" <fair@clock.org>
To: "Amy Emmerton" <amy@gsicomp.on.ca>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 02:59:42 -0700

 Alas, that patch is for rlphy, and this system has an AMD 79c901
 HomePHY in it.

 Also, as my PR stated, I tested against FreeBSD 4.6.2 GENERIC, and
 it didn't work. On the presumption that the patch you pointed me
 at in that other PR was already integrated with 4.6.2, it doesn't
 solve my problem.

 There does seem to be some funny stuff going on with different revs
 of the SiS 900 chip, though - one of the patches had some extra
 magic numbers in it that were rev dependent.

 If it's any consolation, NetBSD-current has support for this chip
 and this PHY, but the PHY is apparently not attaching. I'm
 investigating why now...

 	thanks for the pointer,

 	Erik <fair@clock.org>