Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:52:17 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?V=C3=A1clav?= Haisman <V.Haisman@sh.cvut.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with OpenVPN+routing and creating tun0 interface

At 10:22 AM 9/22/2006, V=C3=A1clav Haisman wrote:

>The problme was on the server, it had my address restricted in firewall.
>
>I managed to make the tunnel. And I could ping the 192.168.23.1 address
>from mine 192.168.23.4. I had to restart the serivce because I did some
>changes to the OpenVPN client configuraton. Now I cannot ping again. But
>according to tcpdump the connection is there. And I cannot even ping
>mine 192.168.23.4. Missing routes or someting, after I restarted the=
 serice?

Perhaps a better question to ask on the openvpn=20
mailling list. But provide more details as to your config.

One FreeBSD tip with openvpn that I find helpful=20
is to specify which tun device to use--=20
especially if you have other tun users like ppp=20
or pppoe, is to create a specific interface and tell openvpn to use it.

On my boxes I do the following prior to starting up openvpn
cat /dev/null > /dev/tun101

and in openvpn, I tell it to use

dev tun101

         ---Mike=20