Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2013 10:39:08 -0700
From:      Thomas Skibo <ThomasSkibo@sbcglobal.net>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, bernd@bwct.de
Subject:   Re: Own PL code on ZedBoard

> Did anyone already setup own logic on ZedBoard with FreeBSD?
> Where do I need to place my bitstream to have the FPGA part configured
> at boot?
> Can I change PL configuration at runtime, or does FreeBSD require
> some preconfigured logic to work.
> I have expirience with Xilinx FPGA, but this is first time with Zynq.
>
> --
> B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de
> Modbus/TCP Ethernet I/O Baugruppen, ARM basierte FreeBSD Rechner uvm.

FreeBSD doesn't require the PL to be programmed.  The PL can be
programmed any time using the devcfg(4) driver.  But if you need
something in the PL at initialization time, a bitstream can be included
in BOOT.BIN which is generated using Xilinx tools.

Another option would be to create an rc script that programs the PL at
boot-up using the method described in devcfg(4) man page.

--Thomas

--
--------
Thomas Skibo