Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:59:23 -0400
From:      "Mikhail T." <mi+metlife@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        amd64@freebsd.org, Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>, glewis@freebsd.org, emulation@freebsd.org, java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux JDK-1.5.0_12 (i386) unusable on amd64

Greg Lewis wrote:
> I'll try it on 6.2-RELEASE-pmumble to make sure its working there.

Thank you.
> FWIW, I've had reports that linux-sun-jdk15 has been broken on
> -CURRENT/amd64 since around December, so MFC'ing changes may not
> actually improve the situation.  Can you try it on current to see
> if it works for you?
I don't have a-current machine... Now that we figured out, what's broken
(Linuxulator is lacking), the question is, what to do about it. My
adding -client to all of the linux-sun-jdk15 programs (java, javac,
javah) seems to work -- the port should do this.

Another unresolved question is, why does adding -client help? According
to java's own help, -client and -hotspot are the same thing... Yet the
programs crash without -client -- inside HotSpot (or so their output says).

Are we sure, however, it is the missing things in Linuxulator, that are
causing the problem? If the same jdk works on i386, but not on amd64, it
may be something else...

    -mi