Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 2000 15:38:52 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        "phil.wyssen" <phil.wyssen@swissonline.ch>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: problem

phil.wyssen wrote:

> i am from switzerland and i have a problem. i want to send a newsgroup mail,
> but it doesn't work. my server is called: freebsd.first.gmd.de (1)
>
> always when i try to send, this info comes:
>
> Outlook Express konnte den Beitrag nicht bereitstellen.  Betreff 'test',
> Konto: 'freebsd.first.gmd.de (1)', Server: 'freebsd.first.gmd.de',
> Protokoll: NNTP, Serverantwort: '440 Posting not allowed', Anschluss: 119,
> Secure(SSL): Nein, Serverfehler: 440, Fehlernummer: 0x800CCCA9

'440 Posting not allowed' means you haven't configured your server
correctly. As you don't say what server you're using, I'll assume
it's INN.  If so, you need to edit nnrp.access (probably either in
/var/news/etc or somewhere under /usr/local; 'find' is your friend) to
allow your Windows machine to post.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D