Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 09:39:38 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Mahesh Sooriyabandara <mahesh@erg.abdn.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dummynet from the scratch!!!

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999 21:05:44 GMT, Mahesh Sooriyabandara wrote:

> I have installed FreeBSD on a PC ( i.e 486DX) using FTP.  System probed the
> SMC elite Ethernet card and got connected to the net. Now I want to connect
> another SMC elite to the same machine. When I connected it sytem can not
> even probe the first one.

You probably encountered a resource conflict.  For example, both cards
might be configured to use the same IRQ.  Configure the cards to use
resources that aren't used by each other nor by other peripherals in the
system and you should be fine.

You'll need an ed1 for the second card once the hardware's sorted out.
:-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.