Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 1999 10:12:02 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Riccardo Veraldi <riccardo@righi.ml.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ether interface.

Hello,
I would like to know how to directly access to raw tcp/ip data
on my ethernet interface without using tcpdump or pcap library.
I need to know this to improove my sniffer program  which is right now in
the ports collection.
In which way I can access to ethernet data?? do I ahve to use a ioctl or
something ??
Can someone give me some hints please ??

ON Solaris and Linux is easier because it's possible to ioctl on hte
interface file in /dev

well thank you

Rick