Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:30:04 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   w: /dev/:0: No such file or directory

What have I failed to do correctly in my update/upgrade? "w" and
"uptime" work but complian about no /dev/:0:

Glancing thru /usr/src/usr.bin/w/ and /dev/MAKE* I find no reference to
the :0:. But know better than to claim my search was perfect.

This is -stable from October 6.

On a running system as myself I:
% rm -rf /usr/obj/usr
% cd /usr/src
% make buildworld
% su
# make installworld
# mergemasert
# make KERNCONF=GRUMPY kernel
# shutdown -r now

% w
w: /dev/:0: No such file or directory
10:21AM  up 21:43, 1 user, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.01
USER             TTY      FROM              LOGIN@  IDLE WHAT
dkelly           p3       frisket           8:57AM     - w

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net