Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 1996 21:32:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <ANDRSN@HOOVER.STANFORD.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compiling PGP on 2.1

The PGP port compiles on my 2.1 system (from the cdrom), either using a
previously downloaded distribution from MIT or letting it go out and FTP
from somewhere.

But when I run the program and try to decrypt an encrypted file, I get
an error message saying:

	Error:  Nested data has unexpected format.  CTB=0x75

The number following CTB varies depending on the file encrypted.

I also tried compiling it without the port, which produces complaints
about conflicting types for 'lseek' in zipup.c:43 and types.h:84.  I
temporarily changed types.h by commenting out the lines referring to
lseek (and again by changing int to long in two places), and the
program then compiles but produces the same error.

I am wondering whether anyone has successfully compiled this on 2.1,
and if so how.

My solution was to compile it on my 2.0.5 system at the office, where,
using the port, it produced a properly working binary.  This binary
differed in only one character from the binary that doesn't work.

Annelise