Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:43:25 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andrew Mace <JtRipper@gmx.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Debugger("panic") on reboot

> On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 05:38:30AM +0100, Andrew Mace wrote:
> > Hello there, I recently installed the FreeBSD 5.0 CURRENT (dated
> 03/14/03)
> > and today I got the following error after I rebooted the system:
> >
> > syncing disks,buffers remaining... 3 3
> > done
> > Slab at 0xc2b84fcc,freei 11=191
> > panic:Duplicate free of item 0xc2b84688 from zone 0xc083a360(VM OBJECT)
> >
> > Debugger("panic")
> > Stopped at            Debugger+0x54    xchgl    %ebx,inDebugger.0
> > db >
> >
> > Can anyone tell me what this means?
>
> It's a kernel bug..read the handbook section on kernel debugging.
> BTW, if you're running -CURRENT you're basically expected to be able
> to deal with this kind of thing.  Are you sure you didn't want to
> install -STABLE instead?
>
> Kris

Thanks for Your reply. Your right, I'm in the wrong league here :-). I had
5.0 RELEASE installed before, but the jdk1.4 port wouldn't compile and there
is no binary package. But now that I have it compiled and packaged can I just
install it on 5.0 RELEASE or even 4.7 STABLE?

Thanks in advance
Andrew