Date:      Wed, 08 Mar 2000 10:07:55 -0600
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        bloom@acm.org
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: no openssh after build

CC's trimmed...

At 07:42 AM 3/8/00 -0500, Jim Bloom wrote:
>In either case, the answer is that you do not need to install the rsaref
>port before any builds.  It is only a runtime dependency now.
>
>Jim Bloom
>bloom@acm.org
>
>Walter Brameld wrote:
>>
>> > Do you still need to install the rsaref port before openssh?
>> > (/usr/ports/security)
>> >
>> Ah, sorry. That's for SSL. Not awake yet, I guess......

My last build I didn't try, but about a week or so back I did not have
RSAref installed, built world, installed RSAref, and it "just worked" as
advertised for RSA authentication with OpenSSH.  Didn't check on SSLv2, but
presume it would.

Time to check again with RC3.

What I did not check is removing RSAref after a buildworld and checking for
breakage, but that smacks of shooting one's self in the foot.

Jeff Mountin - jeff@mountin.net
Systems/Network Administrator
FreeBSD - the power to serve