Date:      Sat, 25 May 2002 20:25:19 +0200
From:      Martin Faxer <gmh003532@brfmasthugget.se>
To:        Emanuel Haupt <haupt@into.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mfs in current

On 2002.05.25 20:16:05 +0000, Emanuel Haupt wrote:
> i was wondering, where the mount_mfs in the current version has gone? i
> am using current on my dell laptop (compatibility reason with 32bit
> cardbus) and would like to increase the performance with a mfs mount for
> my swap partition.

MFS is now known as MD. Try man 8 mdconfig and man 4 md.
Your reason for wanting to use it sounds a little bit crazy though;
Swap is used when there isn't sufficient physical memory available.
I believe the FreeBSD VM system will handle your memory better if it
has access to all of it rather than having some of it mounted as a
memory disk.