Date:      Fri, 2 Feb 1996 12:18:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      kline@tera.com (Gary Kline)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Does anybody have a ViewSonic7??

   Down to my last serious transition question!  It has only
   been a month+ and BSD is wonderfully capabable... so this
   has been a record upgrade.

   Does anybody on the mailinglist have a ViewSonic7 CRT that
   is working at its highest resolution?

   I've got a rather generic TS4000 card with 2M of VRAM.  The
   card is a ``Cardex-PCI'' super accelerated whatever.  According
   to the stats on the back on the box, it is a good card, solid
   value.  My monitor is a 1992 model that in the manual
   claims it will do 1280x1024.  In the video config files,
   however, I saw that recently (August, 1994?), someone had a
   setup for the ViewSonic7 maxed out at something around
   1152x900.

   Originally, I spent a number of hours over a day or two
   trying to get my V7 working at 1024x768.  The published configuration
   was off by quite a bit;  I had to adjust the horizontal sync
   figured before it began working.  Then a few weeks ago I tried
   1280x1024.  Zip.

   Bottom line//nutshell: before spending more headbanging hours
   on this, I thought I would ask the rest of you.  Does the
   configuration depend upon the type of video card??  I hope not.
   Does anybody have a ViewSonic7 working at <<whatever>> highest
   resolution? and how does it feel to your eyes?

   Thanks for any insights!  This is a great bunch... and, by
   extension, BSD is a superior OS.

   gary kline