Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 1998 15:32:15 -0600
From:      Dante Cannarozzi <djc2@cec.wustl.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ftp server

	Hi,

	I recently setup FreeBSD 2.2.5 on my CTX Cyrix 233 and I love it so far...
I also setup WU-ftpd... but am having trouble setting up the users. I've
made a user group called "user" and have a new user called "dave". I'd like
to have him log into my ftp and "chroot" him... or make him see only "/" as
his root dir... instead of "/var/ftp" ... I get everything setup right (I
think) and I don't have him in "ftpusers" ... but when I test the login w/
the right password it says "user dave denied. bad shell or username in
/usr/local/etc/ftpusers" He's not in that ftpusers either. His shell is
nonexistent.. and I saw that pass.wd says that it won't all people in
unless they have /bin/csh as a shell... but how do I change that... or how
do I setup the right permissions... thanks in advance

								Dante Cannarozzi