Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 2009 22:19:09 +0200
From:      David Naylor <naylor.b.david@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Missing hw.acpi.poll_timeout (and other tunable)

--nextPart1361612.cF3FHAUn6d

Hi,

While trying to debug my misbehaving ACPI I tried using hw.acpi.poll_timeou=
t. =20
When trying to find the default value I couldn't find any reference to it i=
n=20
the source codes:
# find /usr/src -type f | xargs -i poll_timeout | grep=20
=2E/share/man/man4/acpi.4:.It Va hw.acpi.ec.poll_timeout

This tunable is documented in acpi(4).  Is there a reason for this being=20
removed. =20

Also there are other tunables that may be useful for diagnostics (although=
=20
they didn't work for me) that are not mentioned in the man pages.  These ar=
e=20
debug.acpi.ec.burst, debug.acpi.ec.polled, debug.acpi.ec.timeout (may be th=
e=20
above tunable renamed?) [although I got the impression that these tunables=
=20
where 'temporary', if so please ignore]. =20

My apologies if I've preempted pending commits for acpi. =20

Regards,

David

P.S. Not on mailing-list