Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 1995 17:37:34 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Request for bumping OSRELDATE

When trying to compile the recently offered upgrade of the xperfmon
port to a -current system, it wouldn't compile.  The reason is the
massive internal restructuring caused by the NFSv3 upgrade.

In an attempt to get the port compile on either -stable or -current,
i've took it from the FreeBSD_version example that i should include
<osreldate.h> and differentiate from it.  Anyway:

j@uriah 223% cvs co -Q -P -rRELEASE_2_0 sys_conf
j@uriah 224% fgrep -i reld sys_conf/newvers.sh
echo "int osreldate = 199411;" >> vers.c
j@uriah 225% cvs co -Q -P -rRELENG_2_0_5 sys_conf
j@uriah 226% fgrep -i reld sys_conf/newvers.sh
RELDATE="199504"
        echo "int osreldate = ${RELDATE};" >> vers.c
j@uriah 227% cvs co -Q -P -rRELENG_2_1_0 sys_conf
j@uriah 228% fgrep -i reld sys_conf/newvers.sh
j@uriah 229% cvs co -Q -P -rHEAD sys_conf
j@uriah 230% fgrep -i reld sys_conf/newvers.sh
RELDATE="199504"
echo "int osreldate = ${RELDATE};" >> vers.c
j@uriah 231% cvs release -dQ sys_conf

The osreldate has been changed between 2.0 and 2.0.5, but not
afterwards.  I desperately need a new version number now...

Perhaps we should bump it now ``just in case'', to have a means of
testing against `` > 199504'', and correct it to the actual release
date right in time?  (I think it's ok to leave it as it is for 2.1
since only bug fixes are included, and no interface changes.)

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/