Date:      Mon, 05 Jan 2004 12:35:22 -0800
From:      "Maxim Hermion" <muxhermion@fastmail.fm>
To:        "Matt Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>, "Munden, Randall J" <Randall.Munden@umb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where is FreeBSD going?

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 14:35:25 -0500, "Matt Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
said:
> Maybe we should all start using and developing for Dillon's DragonFlyBSD
> --
> it's already got a whole bunch of new features on the 4-x base that will
> soon rival the functionality of 5-CURRENT, without the mess.  All this
> with
> a handful of active developers and no bikeshedding.

Exactly, if you check the DragonFlyBSD lists you'll see zero flames and
bikeseds.
And it shows that Matt can indeed be a team player. Not only people like
Mark Murray
and Greg made an ass of themselves, but it's been now proven by
DragonFly's LWTK that
heavily mutexed kernels (like FreeBSD's) can never work unless you have
an army of coders
(like Sun did).

Mux