Date:      Tue, 2 Oct 2001 12:26:52 -0400
From:      Dominic Blais <db@interplex.ca>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unable to listen to more than 51 VLANS with isc-dhcpd 2

I reported this problem to isc and freebsd-net because I don't know if my
problem comes from a configuration in freebsd or a problem with dhcpd... :/

So here's the problem:

I can't listen to more than 51 vlans (vlan0 to vlan50) with isc-dhcpd 2.

With no parameters, it starts and listen to all vlans up to 50 but don't
listen up to 94 (i have vlan0 to vlan94).

If I supply parameters (95 vlans   vlan0 to vlan94) , it tells me vlan94 not
found..  If I supply vlans up to 54 as parameter, it tells me vlan54 not
found..

So the last vlan supplied is considered not found...and dhcpd doesn't run.
It is only possible to start it with a maximum of 51 VLANS...:/

Thanks for your support!

--
Dominic Blais
Administrateur reseau