Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 2010 16:13:44 +0200
From:      Demelier David <demelier.david@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xorg .Xauthority troubles

Hi freebsd-questions@,

   Sometimes when I type startx, Xorg starts but nothing happens and I get a lot
   of :

   Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key

   In the console. The only way to remove this is deleting ~/.Xauthority* files
   because xinit starts with :

   xauth:  error in locking authority file /home/markand/.Xauthority

   I don't understand why sometimes it works and why sometimes not. Is it
   because I run shutdown -p now inside X? I heard that these files are
   normally deleted when X shutdown.

   If you have any tips, it will be graceful.

   King regards.

--
Demelier David