Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 13:50:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      lynn@elan.com (Lynn Gazis)
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        lynn@elan.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, ken@elan.com (Ken Greer)
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and BSDI binary compatibility

> I don't think so. Our libc is pretty unique.  If you statically link it
> you have a better chance of it working -- then it depends purely on the
> system calls.

If this is a link issue, will supplying object files and linking them
on BSDi work (because that is, actually, the ultimate goal).

> What do they want in BSDi?

They already have that platform, and are supporting customers who have
it.  We supply software that gets integrated into other people's software
(which is why taking the objects from FreeBSD and linking them on BSDi
might actually be a reasonable solution, if it is something which is
feasible).

--
Lynn Gazis
Technical Support