Date:      Mon, 09 May 2005 22:49:32 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@freebsd.org>
To:        Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: carp man page not available on the FreeBDS web site

--=-v2whdLUTH6ZqsaUfUE3+

If memory serves me right, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> Hi again. Minor glitch. The i386 relnotes for 5.4 say:
>=20
> The Common Address Redundancy Protocol (CARP) has been implemented.=20
> CARP comes from OpenBSD and allows multiple hosts to share an IP=20
> address, providing high availability and load balancing. For more=20
> information, see the carp(4) manual page.
>=20
> The link for finding the carp man pages returns "Sorry, no data found=20
> for `carp(4)'."

Urk.  This is actually a fairly big deal since none of the manpage
hyperlinks for 5.4 worked.  :-(

I hacked around the problem for now so that these links should work
(except possibly for links to the OpenSSL manpages), but someone on
doceng@ really should check the changes I made on www.freebsd.org to be
sure I didn't mess something up, and then implement the correct fix
according to the normal release engineering procedures.

I'll post privately to doceng@ and re@ the two changes I made.  (They
are not particularly sensitive, but the information is only useful to a
handful of people.)

Thanks for pointing this out!

Bruce.

--=-v2whdLUTH6ZqsaUfUE3+