Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 17:57:24 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Dmitry Samersoff <dms@wplus.net>
To:        Travis Cole <tcole@wcug.wwu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bpf question

On 18-May-2000 Travis Cole wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 05:51:59PM +0400, Dmitry Samersoff wrote:
>> I have traffic metering program using bpf,
>> it works fine on relatevly free net but looses about 30%
>> of packets on havy loaded one.
>
> Are you doing dns lookups?  Don't do those and you may fix your problem.

Thanks for all.
I tryed all usual solution (change CPU, bring packet parsing out of reading
thread and so on.) and now

I have stoped on perforamnce bpf itself.

Is there alternate driver or can changing of bpf queue in kernel help, and where
I can read about it?

Did any body work with raw ethernet and is it helpfull?

--
Dmitry Samersoff, dms@wplus.net, ICQ:3161705
http://devnull.wplus.net