Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 12:03:36 -0400
From:      Rich Haney <rich@haneys.net>
To:        Craig Rose <craig@webzonic.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Setting up a DNS server

You'll need BIND, of course.  It's nicely self-contained, so most other
non-essential packages can be eliminated.  You shouldn't need any real
heavy-duty hardware if this is going to be the primary function - 500 MHz,
128-256MB RAM and a good drive.

O'Reilly's "DNS and BIND" should be on the bookshelf of anyone who ever thought
about running a nameserver.

Rich

On Thu, 02 Aug 2001 at 08:42, Craig Rose used 0.8K bytes to say: