Date:      Sun, 22 Apr 2001 09:54:57 -0500
From:      Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>
To:        Dave Leimbach <dleimbac@earthlink.net>
Cc:        Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Duplicating Audio CDs

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 09:51:36AM -0500, Dave Leimbach wrote:
> For what I like to do on my burner burncd is all I need.  The main problem
> may be the front-ends that everyone likes on linux won't work with burncd
> on FBSD.  Most if not all of the GUI CD tools in linux use cdrecord.  This
> may be why everyone thinks they need it.  So let's write a great GUI for
> burncd that does everything everyone wants.
>
> Dave <Leimy>

When I used to use linux, I had cdrecord and xcdroast or whatever it was
called. The problem is, those front ends turn out to be a hindrance.
Every front end I tried was lousier than a simple tcsh prompt (actually,
I used bash back then), so I wound up in a shell every time I wanted to
burn a disc.

Burncd is actually nicer than cdrecord from the prompt, since I don't
need to remember the SCSI emulation bus/device info (sometimes the
device was 0,0,0, sometimes 0,1,0, or some other choice). The only
problem is that I can't record audio CDs... oh well.

--
Andrew Hesford
ajh3@chmod.ath.cx