Date:      Tue, 2 Dec 2008 08:57:58 -0800
From:      "Don O'Neil" <lists@lizardhill.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Best Journaling File System - ZFS/???

With all the discussions of ZFS lately, I'm beginning to wonder if it's
really ready for a production environment. Concerns over memory utilization,
speed, stability, etc...

So, my question is this... If you were building a brand new 6.3/7.0 server
with decent performance (dual core, 32 Bit OS - because of known
compatibility issues with specific software, 4 GB RAM, etc...) what file
system would you choose? What options are out there besides UFS and ZFS?
What FS's are least likely to have corruption issues when there are power
hits?