Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 1995 00:50:01 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        olsenc@ichips.intel.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, davison@borland.com, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trn works terribly on FreeBSD

As olsenc@ichips.intel.com wrote:

> I sent mail quite a while ago to this list mentioning that trn is quite
> buggy on FreeBSD.  I got no response from the ports group or the trn
> maintainers...
>
> First, shelling out frequently causes trn to dump core.  Another fine feature
> that I get once in awhile when trying to post is:
>
> initscr failed.
> xterm: terminal type lacks necessary features.

Interesting.  I'm using trn regularly on FreeBSD-{2.0.5,current}, and
i've never seen these problems.  Okay, i arguably don't use shell
escapes at all (why should i, that i've got ^Z?), but i've never seen
the initscr problem, and 99.9 % of all my trn sessions are under
xterm.

Do you have some more data on how to reproduce the bug?

--
cheers, J"org