Date:      Tue, 6 Dec 2005 14:46:12 +0000
From:      Martin Tournoy <carpetsmoker@gmail.com>
To:        martinko <martinkov@pobox.sk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DualBoot

Dual-boot is always a bit of a risk to install, backup your important
data first...

I have good experiences with the GAG bootmanager, which can be
installed as a port sysutils/gag, and the website is
http://gag.sourceforge.net/

You can just create a boot floppy, and either save the config on the
floppy or the MBR, it simple and easy, unlike lilo or grub

On 04/12/05, martinko <martinkov@pobox.sk> wrote:
> Mr. Albritton wrote:
> > How viable is it to install FreeBSD along side WinXP?  (Dual Boot)  Als=
o, can the BSD MBR be removed once it's installed?  I've tried FIXMBR with =
the WinXP CD and it didn't work....  <sigh>  Any suggestions?