Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:30:20 +0100
From:      Volker Sturm <v.sturm@gmx.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Java Plugin

Hi,
I can't imagine that no one ever asked this question but as didn't even
get an answer in the Java-thread and I didn't find anything in various
FAQs and so on, I will try my luck here.
I have installed FreeBSD4.4-STABLE, XFree 4.1.0 and KDE 2.2 compiled
with motif (does someone know how to prevent the core dumps when I shut
down KDE?) and the linux netscape communicator 4.78. Additionally I
installed linux-jdk1.3.1 and the native jdk13. I made a symlink to
javaplugin.so from /usr/local/lib/netscape-linux/plugins/. Netscape does
find the plugin but will not execute any plugin with the error message
"Exec of /usr/local/bin/i386/native_threads/java_vm failed: 2 Plugin:
Plugin is not enabled or Java VM process has died.
The plugin IS enabled in the preferences. Any suggestions there?

Regards,
Volker Sturm