Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 2004 07:58:08 -0700
From:      "Cubicool" <cubicool@bellsouth.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   802.1x

I will be attending college in a few weeks. The network at this uni requires
802.1x authentication over wireless connections. I've scoured google all
over and discovered Open1x--which has openly dropped all BSD support--and a
guy who has ported Open1x, but only on wired connections. I'm a decent
programmer in some regards, but not so much C/system code, so it's not like
I could just make the neccesary adjustments and recompile. :)

Is 802.1x supported on FreeBSD yet? I know I can build open1x on a Linux
box, but that is my ABSOLUTE LATE resort. I really want to keep using
FreeBSD, but if I can't access the school's network I won't be able to
continue doing so.

What's the status of this in FreeBSD, including the upcoming 5.3? Am I just
out of luck?

Regards,

Cubicool
http://www.the-bob.org/~jlmoles
AIM: cubicool
MSN: cubicool@bellsouth.net
IRC: cubicool :: irc.openprojects.net
"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer,
a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and
explode once a year, killing everyone inside." - Robert X. Cringely.