Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 1999 08:47:09 +0200
From:      Lutz Albers <lutz@muc.de>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Andrew Reilly <areilly@nsw.bigpond.net.au>, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
Subject:   Re: X mailers (was Re: ANNOUNCE: Linux ABI/SDK standards for Ope

--On Freitag, 10. September 1999, 10:56 +0930 Daniel O'Connor
<doconnor@gsoft.com.au> wrote:

> On 09-Sep-99 Nate Williams wrote:
>>  VM doesn't do HTML/MIME very well, although I understand in later
>>  versions of XEmacs they've incorporated some packages that handle things
>>  better.  (I'm still using XEmacs 19.16, from the dark ages...)
>
> Does it do IMAP? I have only seen *1* emailer which does IMAP properly
> (xfmail) all the others either don't support it at all, or treat IMAP
> like POP (ie just fetch mail from INBOX).

It claims to do IMAP4, but it just fetches all messages from the server
(and by default deleting it from the server). There are very few good IMAP4
clients out there :-(

--
Lutz Albers, lutz@muc.de, pgp key available from <http://www.pgp.net>;
Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive.