Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:34:50 +0200
From:      "Florian Hengstberger" <e0025265@student.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject:   Kernel size 5.2.1

Hi!

I have compiled my own kernel now, editing the GENERIC configfile
that comes with the distrubtion and commenting out a huge number of
options.
The kernel size is still much larger than a linux kernel
(3.7 MB - 1.2 MB).
Why is this?

Is there anything similar to lspci in FreeBSD?
What about lsmod, is there a tool which lists the loaded
kernel modules?
How can I find out which driver modules are used for my
network card?

Thanks a lot,
Florian

Linux/BSD: The daemons are not longer just in my head!
Florian Hengstberger
e0025265@student.tuwien.ac.at
http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e0025265