Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 1996 12:31:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca>
To:        Paul Michael Babuchna <mikeb@tcac.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: quick advise.

On Mon, 17 Jun 1996, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:

> > I have been recently downloading BSD 2.1 from:
> >
> >  ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.1.0-RELEASE/bin
> >
> > and have run into a problem. I cannot download bin.au. I get an error
> > message of the form- this sound file is corrupt or a file of incompatible
> > format. Using Win95 and Win 3.1 and IE2.1.

Oh, wait!  IE2.1...  Does that stand for Internet Explorer...  Ok, all
the below still stands...  You should be able to feed Internet Explorer
the url and expect it to work (on the other hand, it is Microsoft...).
Since you have Windows 95, you can also use it's `ftp' command.  Just
type in `ftp' at the DOS prompt, and feel your way around from there.
Probably something like `get /pub/FreeBSD/2.1.0-RELEASE/bin.tar.gz' would
do the trick.

--