Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 1998 01:12:26 -0500
From:      Dan Delaney <dionysos@dionysia.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installer not clear for FTP install...

Hello.
    I'm running the installer on a 486DX2-66 with an EtherExpress 16
card. I have it set to 0x300, IRQ 10. When I get to the Installation
Media section of install, it says:
   If you are using PPP over a serial device, as opposed to a direct
ethernet connection, then you may first need to dial your ISP...
   Then it gives me some choices at the bottom. The problem is that I AM
using a direct ethernet connection, but that's not one of my choices at
the botton of the dialog box. The only choices I get are Parallel Port
SLIP, Serial SLIP, and Serial PPP. The dialog isn't particularly clear
on what to do if you are not using either of these but are using an
ethernet connection instead. So I'm stuck on that dialog.

Any ideas?

-- Dan Delaney

 Daniel G. Delaney                    The Louisville Times Chorus
(aka: Dionysos, Belteshazzar)            http://Dionysia.org/thetimes/
 Dionysos@Dionysia.org                Dionysia Design
 http://Dionysia.org/~dionysos/          http://Dionysia.com/design/
      This life is a test. It is only a test. Had this been an
      actual life, you would have received further instructions
      on where to go and what to do.