Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2002 21:51:29 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        "Dustin C." <dustin@jam.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.4 on Low Memory Computer

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

On 2002-01-13 17:42:23, Dustin C. wrote:
> I have a computer that is old. It has something like 8-11MB of RAM (It
> cannot hold anymore). FreeBSD installs just fine. But when I try to
> boot, I get an error saying something like "/kernel not found" and
> thats as far as it goes. Does anyone know how I could get it to work?

When posting to FreeBSD lists, please post only in plain text :-(
Your mailer sends both text and html mail.  It is not necessary.
Plain text is fine for the FreeBSD lists.

To your problems, now.  You probably did not finish the installation.
If the installation finishes properly, you will have a kernel to boot.
Try reinstalling and let the installation finish (as you posted
earlier), and see if it works...

If you still have problems, take careful notes of what you do while
installing, and post a message with the steps you followed in your
installation.

Good luck,

--=20
Giorgos Keramidas . . . . . . . . . keramida@{ceid.upatras.gr,freebsd.org}