Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2000 08:39:57 +0100 (CET)
From:      jan@sparud.net (Jan Sparud)
To:        Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LCP loop problem fixed

Hi!

I agree it must be very hardware dependent.

> This is great stuff and I'm glad you took the time to find and fix
> the (apparent) bug. I only have one comment - where you define HZ as
> 100. This information can be obtained from the kernel using
> sysctl. There's a good example in /usr/src/lib/libc/gmon/gmon.c
> where clockinfo is used.

I knew about getting hz in NetBSD (via sysctl), but after looking at
the tons of code in the ntp source to get hz, I thought that was no
portable way of getting it, and since I didn't know if this was of any
use to anyone else I chose the least portable way of all ;-)

If this goes into the tree, that must obviously change, therefore the
comment on the preceding line.

I'll be away now for the rest of the week, so I can't answer any