Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2002 22:00:37 -0500
From:      "Ozzie Gurkan" <ozziegurkan@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem with connecting to mysql

I am having problems connecting to mysql server from my FreeBSD machine. I
have tried using mysqladmin from the command line with no avail. The process
never returns. I can telnet into port 3306 and the host answers (even though
it is very difficult to get out of the telnet session). If I connect from my
windoze machine, I have no problems whatsoever. Is there some network
setting I am missing in my kernel, because I can cvsup, surf the net and ftp
just fine from the FreeBSD machine?

The FreeBSD machine, the windoze machine, and mysql server are all on an
internal network behind my DSL router. Any help or ideas would be greatly
appreciated, thanks.

--
Thanks,
Ozzie Gurkan