Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 00:10:49 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        "F.Xavier Noria" <fxn@isoco.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: doubt on port checksum errors

On 2002-03-11 15:56, F.Xavier Noria wrote:
> Just for curiosity's sake, I find sometimes checksum erros when building
> ports (tramp-emacs21 and e3 recently, for instance).  I suppose porters
> perform some checks that would show that before committing... is there
> any machine-dependant component in this process, or should be useful to
> report to them those mismatchs?

This is possible when the porter (the guy who maintains the port in
FreeBSD) hasn't noticed that the distfile was overwritten by the
maintainers of the source, without changing version numbers...

I've found that a quick note in email, to the maintainer of the port
(listed in the MAINTAINER= ... line of the port Makefile) tends to solve
any problems the port has :-)

Giorgos Keramidas                       FreeBSD Documentation Project
keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}  http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/